Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Why a Running Blog?

There are several reasons, but I have to admit that they seem pretty selfish. Perhaps that's okay. In fact, as I look at many blogs, it seems like a good number of them are "just for fun." So here are a few reasons why I am starting this blog:

First, I figured that a web log of my training would reduce the clutter around home just a little bit. In a world that wants to go paperless, I sure find myself drowning in paper. Anyone who has seen my office knows this is a constant battle.

Second, running in January is hard, and I thought that perhaps keeping things on-line would help keep me disciplined. Sometimes just doing something differently is all it takes to keep going. If anyone does check this blog, they will be able to tell if I have been keeping up with my training or not.

Third, I write and talk a lot about faith. I think it would be good for me to write about something else from time to time. Since running is one of my passions, I decided that this would be it. Talking about running is a joy, but there aren't too many runners in these parts and this is a harmless substitute.

So that's it for now. School has canceled afternoon activities and I have to pick up the boys.

No comments: