Monday, December 29, 2008

Alright, It's Resolution Time

As I read my post from August 5th, I realized that I hadn't followed through on my own advice. So...this year I intend to do just that. I still dream of completing another marathon...but I'm not sure how realistic it is at this point. I know that there are somethings that I need to change...and so I will set about changing them.

Ideally, I'd like to run a fall marathon. I recognize now that might be too ambitious a goal. I'm not sure that my body can hack it. Instead, I want to finish a "major" race. Perhaps it will be a 1/2 marathon...or a 10k. To get there, I need to do the following:

1. Lose 10 pounds. At 2 pounds a week, this should be done by mid-February.
2. Lift weights 3 times per week.
3. Cardio workouts. 4-5 times per week using the heart rate monitor. These can include intense walking as well as running. The goal being fitness and avoiding the stresses of long runs while I lose the 10 pounds and strengthen my legs.
4. Have fun.

Well that's it. Those are my goals for the next month. We'll see how it goes!

1 comment:

Bob A said...

Looking forward to seeing your progress report on your goals. I need to be with you on the 10# weight loss -- my running would benefit greatly from a 10-15# loss (and I would probably snore less, too).