Friday, May 9, 2008

Training Log - May 9

Ran 5k up the Scenic Highway today. Tonight I am really tired. Not just physically but emotionally as well. I'm trying not to think it might be overtraining, because I really don't think it is. I've been pushing myself, but not that hard. It's probably a combination of things, particularly the stresses of the building program at church (we have our last service in the old building on Sunday). It's really been going great, so I really cannot complain. In fact, I love being a part of all that is happening.

At the same time, I think that wisdom dictates that I put off my long run until Monday. I was going to get up at 5:30 and run 10 miles so I could get to church for the work day tomorrow morning. I think I'll count the work day as "cross-training" and run on Monday. So next week will look like 10-0-3-5-3-7.5= 28.5 miles.

I was going to write an article for Take it and Run Thursdays for the Blog at Runner's Lounge, but was too busy to get it done. I was going to write about marathon training and the commitment it takes. In particular because the long runs tend to take longer than the actual running time because they can drain the energy for a whole day. (Do you really think you are going to paint the house after a 15 mile run?). I guess this is one time that I should listen to myself and put off the long run until Monday, which will be a light day physically for me.

Besides, there is a 50% chance of rain in the morning.

And snow tomorrow night.

No comments: