Thursday, February 28, 2008

Training Log - February 28

On Tuesday I posted that it looked like I'd be able to run outside for the next few days. And while it is 32 outside right now, I decided to do a 5k on the treadmill this morning instead.

Why?

Well...it was 10 below when I woke up. The eldest son took the car to school early this morning. When I took the beater truck out to the bus stop with my youngest son, I noticed that it was pulling to the right. Guess what? A flat tire. I drove on the rim back to the house...about a quarter mile. Since the driveway is too icy to run on, that means I would have to change the flat before going running.

Or I could run on the treadmill, avoid bundling up, ignore the truck's flat tire, and maybe the magical elixir of a 5k run would solve all my problems. Man, did the run feel good!

Unfortunately, the tire is still flat. I guess running doesn't solve everything. Maybe if I had run a 10k...

No comments: