Friday, February 8, 2008

Training Log - February 8

It was about 14 this morning. A major cold front is on the way. Temps will be falling through the day tomorrow landing around -25 by Sunday morning. Today as I drove to the end of the driveway to avoid the ice, parked and headed out for my 3 mile run. I had gone about a tenth of a mile when I heard a car pulled alongside me and matched my pace. The window went down and a well dressed white-haired lady asked me if that was my car back there and if I had run out of gas. I told her that I was just avoiding running on the ice and thanked her. She waved and sped off.

I got to thinking about what a wonderful place this is to live. In some places that would never have happened either because people don't care or they are afraid to help strangers. Like I said, this is a wonderful place.

No comments: